- About Us
- Hepatitis B Info
- Resource Library
- News and Events
Call for Papers: Public Health Reports Supplement on Social Determinants of Health in HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB
March 16, 2009Public Health Reports (PHR) is inviting papers for a Supplement on Addressing Social Determinants of Health in HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis. The Editors are looking for manuscripts that advance scientific knowledge and public health research and policy on addressing social determinants of health of HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, STD, and tuberculosis. Manuscripts may be analytic or descriptive in format and may include implications for policy, practice, and innovative partnerships. Manuscripts addressing the following topics will be sought:
* The role of social determinants of health in facilitating health disparities in HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis;
* Effective ways to address social determinants of health in our efforts to prevent and control HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis;
* Social determinants and associated strategies that can be systematically prioritized to produce the greatest impact in accelerating the reduction of health disparities in these diseases and conditions;
* Studies focusing on developing and identifying key metrics which might be used to better measure and monitor the impact of social determinants on health;
* Translational research studies geared towards implementation and scale-up of effective interventions to tackle social determinants of health.
The Editors are encouraging a broad range of manuscripts.
Manuscript Requirements: Articles in PHR are typically 3,000-4,000 words in length. Longer manuscripts, when appropriate, will be considered. All manuscripts will be reviewed by the PHR Special Editorial Committee (SEC) for this Supplement. The SEC will decide which manuscripts are sent for external peer review and will then decide which manuscripts are published in the Supplement.
Deadline for Submission: May 15, 2009. The anticipated publication date for the PHR Supplement full text free online is March/April 2010.
Submit Manuscripts to: Manuscripts for this Supplement should be sent to email@example.com or mail to: Public Health Reports, 7774 Heatherglen Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45255. Please include "Attention Social Determinants of Health" in the subject line of the email. If you have any questions about this Supplement, please contact Dr. Hazel Dean (404.639.8000; HDean@cdc.gov). If you have any questions about Public Health Reports, please contact the Acting Editor, Laurence Reed, at 513.636.0257; Laurence.Reed@cchmc.org.
Public Health Reports is a peer-reviewed journal of the U.S. Public Health Service and the Association of Schools of Public Health. It is the oldest journal of public health in the U.S. and has published since 1878. The journal is widely distributed internationally, and is indexed by MEDLINE/Index Medicus, Current Contents, EMBASE/Excerpta Medica, Pais International, and LexisNexis. The Guest Editors for this Supplement are Drs. Hazel D. Dean and Kevin A. Fenton, Deputy Director and Director of the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Website at www.publichealthreports.org